4. W.I.H.E. Festival: Re-Member - Caroline Testa - Plumpton, England

I remember dreaming that Carol and I were in my mothers garden. There was a mighty storm and we were watching massive trees all around us falling. We would make exasperated/disappointed noises whenever one fell - as if saying ‘oh no, there’s another one gone’. We had to dodge them and aim to find a place in the garden where we wouldn’t be hit if a tree fell. At one point å ‘thought’ that a particular tree, a skinny pine like the ones near Lilac Cottage) would fall and just as I thought it - it fell. 


Two: a dream I’ll never forget. I was standing on a shore with Juliet and Cherry, two prolific women in my life, both academics. We were looking out at two pillars in the ocean. Atop them were two males peacocks tied down with heavy chains. We swam out to them, the three women that we were, and they helped me to untie the peacocks so they could escape upwards into the sky.


The Game. 


It’s a shortened group ‘essay’, written in the ‘heat’ of the festival moment: 


Title: Collective Dreaming Upon a Key - the results of a technique to remember symbols in dreams. 


Permission

Secret

Love


Opportunity

Opening 

Knowing


Knowledge

Obsession 

Secret


Iron

Surprising

Door


Portal

Treasure

Forbidden 

Owl


The installation.


And of course - The Cloud; complete with Thunder and Lightening - is a created memory for all of us for the future. Something to remember. 



Slither of Lining: Cumulo Nimbleness 2020
Installation: Caroline Testa
in the Gartenhaus at the Stable Cottage, Novington Manor - Plumpton England


 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

4. W.I.H.E. Festival: Re-Member - Matthew Nash - Plumpton, England

3. W.I.H.E. Festival: Dis-Member - Peter Houtsager - Plumpton, England