4. W.I.H.E. Festival: Re-Member - Daniel Rodriquez - Plumpton, England

 How I met Carol

Being surround by artists and literary cultured people like everyone one of you made me think a lot of what I wanted to read tonight, I can’t quote any poets of writers because reading is not a strong hobby for me, but what I can do is to tell the story of how I met Carol.

I believe that everything started 25 years ago in a little island in the Mediterranean sea called Ibiza, I know more about what I call my island through the stories and experiences of other people more than my own, always knew it was a really cool and fun place to be from by the reaction of people as I was answering the classic question of Where are you from? … but one of the most satisfying reactions I got it from Carol, some time early last year in the open day at Plumpton College

I was dressed in a traditional Georgian attire serving some orange wines to the brave that dare to taste it, Carol and I where chatting for a bit before she asked me where I was from?, I am from Ibiza, I said to what Carol replied, I lived in Ibiza for more than 20 years, I was happily surprised by the answer, she then asked me if I was vegetarian, No I said, Very good because soon I will cook a roast from one my pigs and would be great if you joins us. We didn’t exchange contacts on that day but I knew we where going to meet again at some point.

Few days after I realised that Blago that you all might know well, was living in at Carols house, I got Carols number because I was looking for a room to move in, and a few days after I came to Stable Cottage where Carol received me with a big long hug, in those time hugs where allowed between strangers.

Walking down the lane and throw the fields after I meet Carol for the second time I had an amazing feeling of happines. Carol agreed to keep all by stuff in the house for all the summer while I was in California in the harvest, the night I came back to Stable Cottage, Carol and Thomas welcomed me back with and amazing delicious dinner and with fantastic margaritas, that night we chatter till 2 or 3 in the morning and I had the feeling that everything was going to work out nicely,

But I never thought that this place was about to become my home and that Carol and her family where about to become my family. 

Thank you, I love You.




Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

4. W.I.H.E. Festival: Re-Member - Matthew Nash - Plumpton, England

3. W.I.H.E. Festival: Dis-Member - Peter Houtsager - Plumpton, England