3. W.I.H.E. Festival: Dis-Member - Ellen Muriel - Laughton, England

 Ellen Muriel sang: 


All Consuming Love: 


The numbers of homeless are rising

The cuts to our welfare run deep

The class system grows ever stronger

May sticks in the knife, our communities weep


The fire of Grenfell claimed 71 lives

An avoidable reminder is all that survives

That our values reduced to what we consume

Human values reduced to our capital

Yet they try to convince us our nations still great

Colonial rhetoric as pitiful bait


Inequality, in this society, it disgusts and angers me.

But when I turn on the radio, band after band.

They're all just singing about love.

Where is our outrage?

We're all stuck singing about love.

Just headonistic heartaches on repeat

Still singing about love.


Our country sells guns and bombs for profit

Then shuts out those fleeing the war

Our establishment preaches democracy

Yet lives off the earning of dictatorships abroad


Expats and tourists fly with ease for work and play

While those seeking refuge are denied and turned away

As our values reduced to passports and papers

Human values reduced to our capital

Yet they try to convince us our nations still great

Racist rhetoric as pitiful bait


Inequality, in this society, it disgusts and angers me.

But when I turn on the radio, band after band

They're all still singing about love.

Where is our protest?

We're all just singing about love.

Headonistic heartaches on repeat

All stuck singing about love.


About the way he made me feel when he touched me

The way he made me feel as he looked into my soul

The way he made me feel when he left me

All consuming love,

Where did my anger go?

I'm stuck singing, thinking, dreaming about love.





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

3. W.I.H.E. Festival: Dis-Member - Peter Houtsager - Plumpton, England

1. W.I.H.E. Festival - Carol Downie - Plumpton, England